Be Personnel are currently looking to appoint a Senior Construction Site Manager in Ardessie, Ullapool for our client's new facility. This position begins in June 2024 where there will be a complete building with steel frame, cladding and internal floor slabs installed, in time for various subcontractors to come in and complete the works and internal fit out until April 2025
- Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the entire construction phase.
- Take account of the health and safety risks to everyone affected by the work (including members of the public), in planning and managing the measures needed to control them.
- Liaise with the client and principal designer for the duration of the project to ensure that all risks are effectively managed.
- Prepare a written construction phase plan (PDF) before the construction phase begins, implement, and then regularly review and revise it to make sure it remains fit for purpose.
- Have ongoing arrangements in place for managing health and safety throughout the construction phase.
- Consult and engage with workers about their health, safety and welfare.
- Coordinating and supervising construction workers.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Ensure suitable welfare facilities are provided from the start and maintained throughout the construction phase.
- Check that anyone they appoint has the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out their work safely and without risk to health.
- Ensure all workers have site-specific inductions, and any further information and training they need.
- Take steps to prevent unauthorised access to the site.
- Liaise with the principal designer to share any information relevant to the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the project.
This position does come with accommodation available if required by the successful candidate.