Be Personnel are excited to announce a new vacancy with our client, a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy, OEM, marine, renewables and defence industries worldwide.
We have a new position and are currently taking applications for a Workshop Planner.
- All safety rules and regulations must be conformed to at all times
- Use PC to determine next job to run on CNC machine
- Identify correct CNC program/Tooling package and download the program to the CNC machine
- Check that material type, cast number and kit issue document is correct for the job being carried out.
- Verify that the CNC program, tooling set up package and job/route card match and the correct revision of the drawing is being used.
- Log all relevant information on the Shop Floor Data Capture system – set up and run times, start/stop times, quantities, stop codes, downtime etc.
- Set up the CNC machine based on the Machine set up procedures
- Ensure that all new programs/set ups are proven. Control of machine must be in such a way that provides opportunity to see any program errors that may have been missed and damage to tooling/equipment be avoided.
- Any errors should be communicated to the Shift Leader/Programmer
- Ensure that a ‘first off’ inspection is carried out on all jobs by the relevant inspector before continuing with job.
- Continuous monitoring of the machine and cutting tool performance during the manufacturing process against the drawing and in accordance with the work instructions.
- Record cycle times for all CNC operations on the traveler.
- All threads to be gauged and all burrs and sharp edges to be removed unless otherwise instructed in the work instructions.
- Make any program amendments/edits to achieve the appropriate efficiency, quality and dimensional accuracy. Any modifications to the program or changes to the tooling sheet must be recorded.
- Non-complying components during set up and run must be kept separate from good or reworkable parts and the Shift Leader should be made aware of these.
- Any reworkable parts should be reworked.
- After completion of the job, the program package and tooling should be returned to the appropriate locations.
- Any quantity of unused material should be logged using the material returns procedure and returned to the storeman.
- All completed components should be cleaned and placed in a box in such a way that damage should not occur when in transit to the next operation.
- Deburring should be carried out where possible using hand, bench or machine operations
- All equipment should be handled/stored in a safe manner and in such a way that no damage occurs
- Work area should be kept clean and tidy at all times and all spillages should be dealt with at the earliest opportunity
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to act on own initiative
- Team Player
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Competent in the use of Word and Excel
In addition to a competitive salary our client will also offer the following:
- Medical Cover (after being in the role 2 years)
- Pension (Max company contribution 5%)
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Gym membership
Apply today and our recruitment experts will be in touch!