Be Personnel Ltd is currently working with their long standing client assisting them with the successful appointment of a Maintenance Engineer based within their site in Buckie.
To provide engineering support to production ensuring that all equipment is fit for purpose and available at the right time. To supervise the training and development of team members whether for changing legislation or new machinery and undertake regular performance reviews.
- Carry out breakdown repairs and assist in the implementation of long-term solutions.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Upgrade to plant and services.
- Monitoring, testing, and adjustment of various systems throughout the site.
- Undertake installation of new machinery and equipment.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Assist in the training and development of each member of the engineering team.
- Ensure that engineering standards are maintained/improved.
- Apprenticeship served engineer with a formal electrical or mechanical qualification.
- Creative problem solving and continuous improvement mind-set along with a strong ability to fault diagnose.
- Self-motivated, methodical, and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Highly accurate, mindset and working to a high standard with good attention to detail.
- Flexible attendance to meet the company needs.
- Methodical in faulting skills whilst reacting to production requirements.
- Basic understanding of Food Production Principals and Practices.
- Ideally be 17th edition qualified.
- Previous experience in a similar role in FMCG or similar production unit.
- Understanding of the principals and practice of food safety and maintenance within a food-manufacturing environment.
Our client offer some fantastic additional benefits some of which are listed below:
- Discounted products
- Onsite Food & drink facilities available at a reduced cost.
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Staff Suggestion Scheme
- Staff Recognition Scheme
- Employee Competitions
- Scampi & Chips Day
- Extra holiday entitlement for length of service
- Access to our ASL Staff Portal
- Onsite support - HR Department, Employee Engagement and H&S committee, First Aiders and Mental Health First Aiders.
- BHSF Employee app - medical, health and wellbeing support and fitness, shopping and eating out discounts.
- Job security – expanding business
This is a fulltime role working Monday to Friday minimum 40 hours per week.