Our Client, a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon, has opportunities available for a Warehouse Technician to join their team.
Based at the site in Kyelakin on the beautiful Isle of Skye, the Warehouse Technician will work within a fast paced role which covers a range of operational tasks from intake/receipt of all dry and liquid raw materials, in both bulk and bag form, from a range of vessels and vehicles right through the supply chain to loading and dispatch of the finished product bags; with an array of tasks in between!
The Warehouse Technician will be responsible for tasks which include:
- Intake, sampling and processing of all Raw Materials in dry and liquid form, for both bulk and bag deliveries.
- Ensuring materials are stored and filled correctly and in good time to ensure continuous running of production lines.
- Bagging out finished product into a range of bag sizes; stack and store safely within appropriate areas of the warehouse whilst maintaining accurate records of stored volumes.
- Processing, storing and loading all Finished Product bags to a range of vessels and vehicles in a timely and efficient way to ensure all order requirements are met.
- Creating, maintaining and developing a safe working environment for all, continuously improving routines and safe systems of work.
- Working together with vessels and vehicles to ensure safe operations around the site and pier through clear communication.
The successful Warehouse Technician will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ideally worked within a busy warehouse environment in the past, however this is not essential
- Well developed ID skills
- Experience working to Health and Safety guidelines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ideally gained machinery tickets, however training will be provided for the right candidate
As the plant runs 24/7, 365 days a year the successful candidate will be required to work shifts, therefore flexibility is essential. Due to the shift rotation and location of the site, a driving licence is desirable.
The Warehouse Technician will benefit from:
- working 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off rotation
- Enhanced annual leave after 12 weeks of placement (31 days)
- Supportive training within a business that promotes from within and offers various career development opportunities both locally and internationally
- An on-site canteen delivering a range of free food and refreshments
- For those wishing to re-locate to the area, support with finding accommodation is available if required
Apply today and one of our team will be in touch!