Our Client, a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon, has opportunities available for Process Technicians to join their team.
Based at the site in Kyelakin on the beautiful Isle of Skye, the Process Technician will support the running of the plant which manufactures a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and Norway.
We would love to hear from highly motivated individuals who are technically minded critical thinkers, with the ability to take on exciting and challenging tasks in an expansive, dynamic and international environment.
The Process Technician will be responsible for tasks which include:
- Production of fish feed during operational shifts; monitoring and optimising the process value chain from unloading of raw materials through to the loading of finished feed
- Supporting the shift leader to facilitate effective collaboration between logistics, engineering and process
- Delivering measured and timely process parameter changes to achieve products that conform fully to product specifications
- Ensuring adherence to Company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Supporting the shift leader in delivering the role of operational commander in the event of an incident on site
- Ensuring work areas are maintained to a high standard, adhering to plant hygiene policies and procedures
- Participating in LEAN / 5s activities to further develop quality and efficiency
- Participating in routine maintaining/cleaning of process equipment
- Supporting other operational departments when required
- Working cohesively with your colleagues to ensure best practice is shared to all in the department.
The successful Process Technician will have:
- A good level of theoretical education whether this be from degree level to apprenticeship with certificates in relevant subject areas, however self-starters with a solid, relevant work history will also be considered
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well-developed IT skills
- Experience working with HSE systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Leadership and communication skills
As the plant runs 24/7, 365 days a year the successful candidate will be required to work shifts, therefore flexibility is essential. Due to the shift rotation and location of the site, a driving licence is also key, however our Client will support towards to the cost of lessons for those learning to drive.
The Process Technician will benefit from:
- An excellent, competitive rate of pay between £11.29 to £13.80 per hour depending on skill level and experience
- A bonus system for unit performance
- Overtime paid at 1.5x standard rate for all overtime hours worked out with normal rota
- Enhanced annual leave after 12 weeks of placement (31 days)
- A fantastic continuous development opportunity within an international business
- An on-site canteen delivering a range of free food and refreshments
- For those wishing to re-locate to the area, support with finding accommodation is available if required
Apply today and one of our team will be in touch!