Our Client, one of the leading Safety, Environment and Engineering consultancy firms within the U.K. and Ireland has an excellent opportunity available for a Commercial Lead to join their Glasgow based team.
The Commercial Lead will be responsible for all commercial matters across the business, supporting in the overall delivery of business objectives by aligning the deliverables to that of the strategy. Liaising with the central finance team, the Commercial Lead will support group objectives through alignment of commercial deliverables with operational performance.
Within this fast paced and varied role, responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing the commercial team
- Delivery of robust and relevant commercial information to all stakeholders
- WIP and Debtor management, monthly reporting of job performance in line Group timetable and supporting the budgeting process
- Providing analysis to support the business strategy while ensuring structured communication of the commercial information
- Allocating relevant commercial resource to projects where appropriate
- Structure data inputs, for example time writing, to support commercial department goals
- Supporting in new contract negotiations to support manageable growth and gain understanding of current contracts to maximize outputs
- Understanding the contractual, commercial terms and administration requirements of the contracts to assist in managing and mitigating risks associated with contract delivery
- Proactively providing advice and support to the Operations Stakeholders and Project Teams regarding the contractual and commercial aspects of the contracts
This role would suit a candidate with experience of working within a similar role, with a particular emphasis on providing accurate reliable information to relevant stakeholders.
To be successful within this role the Commercial Lead will also require:
- Good working knowledge of relevant systems and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data then present in a consistent, organised and accurate format
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Numeracy skills with strong analytical and problem-solving ability
The successful Commercial Lead will have the opportunity to develop their career within a successful and growing business while earning a competitive salary and package which is negotiable on experience.