Our client is one of the UK’s leading animal feed manufacturers, the company’s core business is the supply of livestock feed, plus a retail division of 21 Country Stores.
We are looking for a self-motivated, Engineering Manager with a proven track record of Maintenance Management within a manufacturing environment.
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a hands on proactive and reactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities
- Lead team development and performance management
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and overseeing the timely completion of work carried out
- Development of an effective Planned Preventative Maintenance programme
- Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, reduce downtime and manage improvement plans whilst driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Compliance with legislation and regulations pertaining to repair and maintenance e.g. building structure, steam, electric, sewage, water
- Lead and develop Engineering Projects for the site and the wider Group
- Coordinate work performed by outside vendors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Happy to take a hands on approach to the maintenance remit
- Proven track record of Maintenance Management, having held this position of Maintenance Manager previously within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to effectively manage the tasks of the Maintenance team and ensure an efficient and effective service is provided to the site.
- Excellent communications and problem solving skills
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Competent in the use of email, computerised systems and administration requirements of a busy department
- Being self-motivated and focused
- Being technical and analytical
- Higher education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Management Experience
- Project Management Skills
- Must be competent to provide engineering maintenance leadership and support the site maintenance team
- Good knowledge of statutory compliance obligations and Approved Codes of Practice for and not limited to:
- AtEx & DSEAR
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field
- Experience within a manufacturing environment within bulk manufacturing i.e. elevators, conveyors, electrical motors etc.
- Steam Systems and boiler experience (BOMSA)
- Project Management Qualifications
- History of improving team performance
Competitive Salary offered for this position, as well as company pension.
Working Monday to Friday 0800 - 1700 40 hours per week.