Our client is one of the UK’s leading animal feed manufacturers, the company’s core business is the supply of livestock feed, plus a retail division of 21 Country Stores.
We are looking for a self-motivated, Fulltime Permanent Mechanical Engineer for our client based within the Lanarkshire area of Scotland.
This role is responsible for multi skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities. To ensure the continuous running of production lines by eliminating engineering downtime through a safe and logical approach to fault finding and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure planned, corrective and emergency maintenance are carried out in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Eg. Screw conveyers, elevators, large rotating machinery, compressor systems (mixers, blow line systems), steam boilers and pressure systems
- Carry out appraisal of equipment and take appropriate remedial action to ensure a continuous production operation. Where a temporary repair is carried out, make certain rectification is scheduled as soon as possible
- Promptly carry out repairs to avoid leakages and material losses
- Ensure routine maintenance and verification measurement are carried out in accordance with the relevant operating procedures and work instructions
- Maintain all records required to comply with the Quality System
- Carry out daily tasks and report where completion is not possible
- Maintain own work areas in a clean and hygienic condition
- Ensure site security is enforced during maintenance activities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Full, clean Driving Licence
- Health & Safety Knowledge & Awareness
- Excellent communicator
- Strong IT Skills
- Attention to detail & good organisational skills
- Works well as an individual and as part of a team
- Aibility to work alone and unsupervised
- Experience in similar or comparable industry.
- Experience with steam, steam boilers, and pressure systems pressure Regulations
- Available to provide 24hr/7day on call cover for breakdowns/emergencies as needed
- Experience with screw conveyers, elevators, large rotating machinery, compressor systems (mixers, blow line systems,)
This role would be working Monday to Friday either 0600 - 1400 OR 1400- 2200 40 hours per week.