Our Client, the market leader in Atlantic Salmon production and one of the largest seafood companies in the world is recruiting for a Quality Controller on a maternity leave basis (6 months). There may be potential opportunities in the business thereafter for the right candidate.
The Quality Controller is responsible for carrying out checks to ensure that all products are produced to the relevant specifications and quality standards, and that this is done by following the correct company procedures to ensure that the site food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure all start up checks have been carried out and visually inspect that production area and machinery are hygienically clean before production commences
- Calibration of checkweighers before production commences
- Quality inspection of products against product specification & quality standards
- Audits of quality and food safety checks
- Checking product safety, legality and quality at the start and end of the production run and regularly throughout production
- Identification of non-conforming product and processes and ensuring that Quality Technician and/or Quality Manager are informed as soon as possible
- Supporting production operatives and team leaders to ensure quality standards are met
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Standards and ensure that all issues found during the shift are reported
- Check start and end of run metal detector checks and paperwork have been completed
We would love to hear from candidates who:
- Have knowledge of food safety, hygiene and technical standards within a food manufacturing environment
- Have knowledge of technical systems such as factory policies, procedures, work instructions and records
- Are excellent communicators between all levels of staff within the business
- Have an eye for detail and good time management skills
- Are computer literate
- Are flexible workers including in respect of working hours
The role will be working Monday to Friday, 7am to 3 pm.