Our Client, a well-established and successful, employee owned seafood business based in Ross-Shire, has an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a 6-month temporary contract basis.
The role of the Maintenance Engineer will be to maintain all equipment used in the production of products and the operation of the business,
To support the Site Management Teams in the running of a food processing operation within the SQPDC (Safety, Quality, People, Delivery & Cost) framework, delivering on the shift’s Key Performance Indicator’s (KPIs).
Key responsibilities will include, although not be limited to:
- Maintaining and operating the preventative maintenance system
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
- Responding to unplanned repairs and breakdowns
- Fault diagnosing and repair of equipment
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Starting up and setting tasks in regards to shut down procedures
- Effective use of CMMS systems
- Coach and Train other staff members as well as undertake some additional training within this role
- Route cause analysis
Knowledge and Experience:
- Multi skilled engineering experience gained from within a modern production/manufacturing environment
- Engineering Professional Qualification, Mechanical or Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 2 years post Engineering qualification OR fully qualified Engineering from a Food Production environment
- Awareness of Manual Handling and Health & Safety Level 2
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to prioritise and actively manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to manage own workload
- IT competency and ability to use MS Office
Hours of work would be Monday to Saturday between the hours of 6am - 8pm total of 37.5 hours per week.
Flexibility is crucial for this role as the shifts would vary i.e. 6am - 2pm or 7am - 3pm.
A basic pay rate of £15.98 per hour will be offered for this position with Overtime paid after 37.5 hours @ 1.5.