Our Client, one of the UK's leading manufacturers and suppliers of dairy, lactose and gluten free vegan cheese products, has opportunities available for Process Operatives to join their team based on the beautiful Isle of Bute.
These positions are ideal for those already living on Bute as well as those wishing to re-locate. As an Island of the West Coast of Scotland, the location is very easy to reach from Glasgow. Offering hills in the north, lots of sandy beaches, yachting, fishing and golf it is an ideal location for those who love the outdoors! The Island also benefits from the Gulf Stream which gives it a mild climate enabling palm trees and other exotic plants to grow!
The Production Operatives will benefit from:
- A competitive pay rate of £10 per hour
- A permanent contract with a rapidly growing organisation
- Full time hours of between 30 to 40 per week, working 10 hour shifts over 3 to 4 days
- Monday to Friday work, however there may be occasional weekends
- Overtime available and paid at 1.25x standard rate after 40 hours per week
- Working within a supportive team with a sense of camaraderie of belonging to a proud and effective team
- Excellent long term career development opportunities
- Staff canteen with free food and drink available
- As a Process Operative you will be responsible for producing a whole range of our Clients products to various specifications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Measuring, grading and feeding batches of raw materials into production machinery
- Operation of production line equipment
- Storing goods and raw materials in the factory and warehouse
- Reporting any equipment faults to maintenance staff
- Monitoring the production process and carrying out basic testing, quality checks and recording results
- Packaging goods to be ready for shipment on pallets
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery whilst maintaining production records
- Working within the health and safety guidelines of the company
The ideal Process Operatives will:
- Ideally have experience of working within as similar role however supportive training will be provided
- Have the ability to work quickly and methodically whilst following detailed procedures
- Have the ability to concentrate whilst carrying out repetitive tasks
- Be able to maintain detailed written records which include arithmetic
- Have an awareness of Health and Safety
- Have a willingness to work flexibly across the business and in respect of working hours
The Process Operatives will work shifts which fall between 6.00/7.00am – 5.30pm or 12.00 noon - 21.00pm, with flexibility essential as finish times may vary in line with production.
Apply today and one of our multi lingual team will be in touch!