Our Client, a New Zealand owned company with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located in Dundee, undertakes manufacturing for Global and Local organisations specialising in Animal Health products.
An opportunity has become available for a Building Services Engineer to join the team, assisting the Building Services and Infrastructure Team in delivering the full scope of maintenance repair and project services on site with regard to the building fabric, utilities, plant and delivery of soft services including food vending, café and cleaning.
Working on an agency contract basis, this is a new role within a newly formed department which has the ability and autonomy to enhance further the current service provision, to develop an exciting, lean and business focussed service for our Client’s business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility for all planned maintenance and scheduling of works, including ad-hoc repairs and breakdowns
- Implementing and monitoring minor FM works
- Assisting and planning insurance inspection visits for plant and equipment.
- Assisting with the setting and controlling of budget, monitoring spend & raising purchase orders
- Assisting and supporting with recruitment and training of staff or temporary workers
- Responsibility for contractor management and KPI reporting to include people, health and safety and finance information
- Supporting all aspects of day to day delivery of building, maintenance services and to the site
- Ensuring all site services security, Cleaning, Health & Safety, Environmental, Repairs & Maintenance, are provided in a timely, and appropriate manner to the highest professional standards.
- Compilation of management information reporting including Financial spend and assisting with control of Fixed Assets
- Delivery of all relevant daily activities e.g. management of subcontractors, permit to work, LOTO, risk assessments and method statements
- Assisting with the development and delivery of site projects
- Working with departmental manager to define and develop site strategy and business plan for Building Services and Infrastructure.
The ideal Building Services Engineer will:
- Hold a BIFM Level 3 qualification, another professional Technical or Engineering qualification or equivalent demonstratable work experience in a similar role
- Possess or be working towards a recognised HSE qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH)
- Have previous experience of supervising and managing people, project and facilities
- Have demonstratable effective leadership skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively at all levels
- Have proven experience in managing third party contractors and suppliers
- Have the ability to understand and work to budgets, whilst maximising value and economies of scale
- Hold a clean and current driving licence
The successful Building Services Engineer will have the opportunity to earn a competitive rate of pay which is negotiable on experience.