Our client, a small but fast-growing food manufacturing company dedicated to producing a range of vegan, free-from products have an exciting opportunity for a National Account Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
As the National Account Manager, you will be tasked with driving the full P&L management of Major Retailer customers, and whilst you will be fully supported by the Sales Director to whom you report to the key responsibilities involved in this role will include:
- Effectively and efficiently daily management of Client account base and building a collaborative relationship
- Exploring opportunities to raise the profile of company products within defined Client base
- Negotiation of the full range of products, pricing and tenders for delivery of annual business plans with Clients
- Maintain understanding of competitor activity within the Client portfolio
- Review pricing and promotional activity, making recommendations for future strategy
- Analysing sales data for account base in respect of categories supplied
- Hosting site visits
- Reporting on weekly/monthly sales forecasts and ensuring other commercial reports are completed on time
- Maintaining effective communication with all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external
- Reasoning and rationalising complex business scenarios; have the ability to manage the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements by being able to demonstrate the balance of both. Understanding the influences on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions.
- Application of Category Management and the practical approach and actions; influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs.
- Experience of developing and delivering compelling customer presentations
- Negotiating annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs), reviewing pricing and promotional activity and making recommendations for future strategy
- Driving distribution of existing and new products
- Successfully plan and effective communication of NPD & Category Solutions.
The National Account Manager will:
- Have strong experience in leading ‘chilled’ own label and/or branded customer accounts within the FMCG industry.
- Be able to meet KPI’s
- Have experience working within a similar role
- Ability to report on and present commercial data and client presentations
- Be computer literate with a strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- Be organised with a meticulous attention to detail
The National Account Manager will typically work from home but must be flexible to travel to Head Office on the Isle of Bute as and when required.
The National Account Manager will receive a competitive salary negotiable on experience.