Our client, a small but fast growing food manufacturing company dedicated to producing a range of vegan, free-from products have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical & Maintenance Technician to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The Electrical & Maintenance Technician will be required to carry out an assortment of tasks to maintain and improve the production lines. The ideal applicant will possess the necessary skills as well as an ability to fit into the food production environment and function as an effective member of the team.
Duties will include although not limited to:
- Wiring installations from 230 – 400 V
- Maintaining and updating maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
- Servicing and repairing the equipment, working on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerised systems.
The successful Technician will:
- Have 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Be a qualified technician, have an 18th edition qualification or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be organised with a meticulous attention to detail
- Have a willingness to work flexibly across the business and in respect of working hours
- Be computer literate, with a strong Microsoft Office knowledge
The Electrical & Maintenance Technician will work 40 hours per week and receive a salary negotiable on experience.