Our Client, a busy Filling Station & Shop has an opportunity for a Service Station Manager to join their flagship team working between their two sites in Macduff & Cairnie.
The Manager will work as part of a small and busy team, within a varied role responsible for:
- Managing & auditing the day to day running of the sites to ensure efficiency in all respects (including customer services & stock control); and that the site operates to the highest of standards with regard to health and safety and environment matters, interfacing with our systems, policies and procedures.
- Assisting in retaining customers and growth in the area by understanding customer requirements & addressing them accordingly. Opportunities to expand all business lines should be exploited.
- Identifying weaknesses in any area and to rectify them, or bring them to the notice of your Manager.
- Processing filling station daily journals, ensuring all records reconcile, including but not limited to shop sales, fuel sales, fuel cards, sundry items, vat, stock purchases etc, ensuring all are accurate in all respects.
- Being the liquor licence holder for the site and make staff aware of their responsibilities with regard to selling alcohol and other restricted goods.
- Evaluating any improvements that can be made e.g. customer service; costs savings; productivity and to forward a strategy plan on how to implement.
- Ensuring good communication at all times with staff
The successful Manager will:
- Have supervisory or management experience within a small retail shop environment
- Have strong administrative skills
- Be computer literate
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have a polite, professional manner
- Be passionate about providing a professional and friendly service
- Be organised and efficient in managing own workload
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be willing to be a Premises Licence Holder to the site
The Manager will work full time hours, 40 per week with shifts set between Monday to Sunday breaking these up between each site. Flexibility is essential with regards to days and shifts, including weekends and evenings.
The Manager will receive a competitive salary based on their experience.
The Manager will initially work on a temporary basis although providing the standards are met, will transfer across to a permanent contract after 12 weeks and receive a salary negotiable on experience.