Our Client, a successful business which aims to source, process and supply the finest Scottish smoked salmon and seafood to customers around the world, has an opportunity available for a Trainee Quality Auditor to join the fast-paced team.
The role of the Trainee Quality Auditor is to implement and maintain the sites quality management system within the factory to ensure the safety, legality and quality of the product are adhered to and that customer requirements are met.
As Trainee Quality Auditor your responsibilities will include, although not be limited to:
- Auditing the process control documentation to ensure accurately completed
- Collating, auditing and archiving production process paperwork, ensuring document control is correct and the quality standards are maintained throughout the factory through routine checks of factory production
- Auditing checks and sampling including glass and plastic audits, foreign body audits, critical control point audits and fabrication audits
- Carry out regular checks on temperature, trace, ingredients and quality
- Calibration checks to ensure equipment is in working order
- Conduct taste panels
- Issuing, reporting and documenting non-conformances ensuring that full root cause analysis is carried out and that effective correction actions have been completed within an appropriate time frame
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by Technical team
We would love to hear from candidates who:
- Have knowledge of food safety, hygiene and technical standards within a food manufacturing environment
- Have knowledge of technical systems such as factory policies, procedures, work instructions and records
- Are excellent communicators between all levels of staff within the business
- Have an eye for detail and good time management skills
- Are computer literate
- Are flexible workers including in respect of working hours
The Trainee Quality Auditor will begin working on day shift during a training period, however the position will be back shift thereafter working Monday to Friday, 4pm to 12.30am with Saturday on a rota basis between 2pm to 10pm. The successful candidate will earn a rate of £9.29 per hour with overtime paid at £13.94 per hour.