Our client, one of the largest seafood producers in the world and the largest producer of Atlantic Salmon, has several excellent opportunities available within their Production team at their state of the art and fast-growing Feedmill site based on the Isle of Skye.
The Feedmill plant will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and Norway.
The successful Shift Process Operatives will benefit from:
- A competitive starting rate of £9.15 per hour standard rate with overtime being paid at a rate of £13.74 per hour
- Full time hours - 37.5 per week plus overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Supportive training
- Excellent career development opportunities in a business that promotes from within
Within this busy and varied role, the Shift Process Operatives will participate in the production of safe, high quality fish feed. Key tasks to include, although not be limited to:
- Ensuring the feed plant quality and food safety testing regimes are being adhered to
- Lead on the execution of the processing plan to make fish feed
- Undertaking sampling to ensure the fish feed is at a high quality standard
- Ensuring adherence to Company Health and Safety policies
- Ensuring all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Inspection and maintenance of the process equipment and facilities
- Supporting other operational departments when required
The ideal Shift Process Operatives will:
- Have a good technical aptitude which may have been gained through qualification or work history (Food Production, Food Processing or Laboratory
- Have good written skills as there will be a requirement to maintain written records
- Previous experience working in an HSE environment is preferable
- Be computer literate and able to input data accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Have previous experience working in a laboratory environment
- Be hands on and flexible, with an excellent work ethic
- Have a degree of physical capability due to the vast size of the site and manual nature of the work
The Factory runs 24/7 and the successful candidates will we required to participate in a shift rota with advance notice provided.
Initially working on an agency contract, for the right candidates there is opportunity for permanent employment providing standards are met, making this position suitable for those already based in the area or those wishing to re-locate.
Apply today and one of our team will be in touch to discuss!