Our client, a multi-award winning successful salmon farming company located in the North of Scotland, has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The Fresh Water Site is situated 2 hours North of Inverness, on the West Coast therefore candidates must be a driver with their own transport.
The Electrical Engineer will report into the Engineering Manager although assist other Managers within the business as and when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out preventive maintenance to all onshore and sea-based electrical equipment
- Maintenance, repair and specification of all electrical equipment at client sites ie power tools, generators, pumps and domestic based
- Responding to onshore and sea-based unplanned repairs and breakdowns, diagnosing faults and repairing equipment
- Advising on the purchase of new equipment, as and when required
- Updating records of all works carried out using the company’s internal maintenance system
- Maintaining the equipment to a standard that the welfare of the fish is ensured
- Strictly observing all hygiene protocols designed to control disease
- Maintaining professional relationships with legislative bodies and suppliers
The Electrical Engineer will:
- Be flexible to travel between a variety of fresh water onshore sites and sea-based salmon farm facilities
- Be a time served and certified Electrician with a strong background within a maintenance role
- Have experience of working outdoors and in a physically demanding role
- Have a degree of physical capability, due the manual nature of the role
- Have the ability to work alone and as part of a small team
- Ideally have a Test & Inspection Certification, however this is not essential as full training will be provided
Due to location, accommodation is available although the successful candidate must hold a driving licence and have their own transport.
The successful Electrical Engineer will work full time hours set between Monday to Friday 0830 – 1700 and be flexible regarding working overtime which can include weekends on a rotation basis and out of hours.
The Electrical Engineer will earn a salary negotiable on experience in addition to receiving competitive overtime rates.