Our client a Global Integrated Aluminium business are looking to expand their team based within their branch based in Fort William with the successful appointment of an Electrical Engineer working within the Power and Hydro department.
Fort William attracts many tourists due to their location along the NC500 making it a perfect destination for sight seeing, hill walking, ski-ing and more.
Generous and varied relocation support available with this role.
Reporting to the Power & Hydro Manager the main objective of this role would be to ensure safe operation and maintenance of the Smelter's Electrical Distribution systems.
Main duties & responsibilities (not limited to):
- Assist in developing and maintaining safe operations and maintenance systems for the Smelters HV and LV systems
- Supervision of works on site including operational switching
- Managing a wide variety of Electrical bias projects from idea to close out phase
- Diagnose and fault find with Electrical equipment failures
- Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times and an example is set to others
- To lead and support electrical engineering projects throughout the site
- Identify cost effective and time saving solutions
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the work environment
- Working to budgets and ensuring all requirements have been met
The ideal candidate should:
- Have good General Management skills
- Show commitment to Health and Safety
- Be an analytical thinker
- Have very good time management skills as well as being able to prioritise
- Be a very good and clear communicator
- Have the ability to produce precise reports
Essential Qualification and skills:
- Degree qualified in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Essential knowledge and experience High Voltage experience
- PC Literate (specifically MS Office & Project)
- Knowledge of Power Generation and Conversion
- Hold an IOSH Safety Passport
- Incorporated status in Engineering
- Have undergone some HV Training
The successful candidate will benefit for a competitive salary which will be based upon experience and skill, in addition to that they will also receive the following and more!
- 25 days holiday per annum + 8 public holidays
- Cash Health Care Plan
- Access to an onsite Gym
- Education support grant (for each child up to £1000)
- Pension contributions.....and more