Be Personnel are happy to announce a new vacancy at one of our long standing clients in Arbroath. The site is a salmon smoking and refining facility producing excellent Scottish produce. As a Hygiene Manager. the purpose of the role is driving excellence in cleanliness, sanitation and safety; maintaining and continuously improving all site hygiene standards by leading, motivating, and developing the hygiene teams. You will be responsible for ensuring that all areas of the factory are cleaned in accordance with the schedules and to the correct standard.
- People management including resources planning, recruitment, communication and training and development of the hygiene team.
- To ensure all tasks are conducted in accordance with all legislative, company and site health & safety policies and to ensure that all hazards, accidents / incidents are reported and investigated in a timely manner.
- To ensure all cleaning is carried out to the highest food safety standards in line with the company and customer requirements.
- To be the main point of contact for the external stakeholders.
- To drive improvements projects within the department.
- Implement and improve hygiene practices across all areas.
- Responsible for all training including the use of industrial chemicals used in the cleaning processes and liaising with HR/Technical regarding external training. Ensure all hygiene staff are trained and competent in all procedures relevant to their roles.
- To be accountable for the site’s compliance from a hygiene perspective to all relevant legislation, certification and customer code’s of practice, supporting internal and external audit program as required.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Hygiene Manager within a FMCG environment
- Experience in chilled food in High Care/High Risk Environment
- Effective Leader and people manager
- Effective communication
- Good understanding of Micro and Listeria
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
To apply, click the link below and our recruitment specialists will be in touch!