Be Personnel is proud to partner with a new client who is currently looking for a Production Supervisor. Our client is a highly successful soft fruit farm in Aberdeenshire. Due to expansion, there is a fantastic opportunity for the role of Production Supervisor with future progression opportunities. Soft fruits are grown on the farm for retail trade throughout the UK season. Producing fresh, sweet fruit, it is packed in a purpose-built packhouse, ready for instant distribution to depot.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running the production, on the floor of a very busy seasonal soft fruit packhouse, packing products to meet the needs of retail supermarket customer specifications.
- Manage and implement the day to day running of all the packing lines. Managing the production runs & flows to ensure smooth operation of the lines.
- Labour Management – Meet production plans by managing line packers’ productivity. Making sure that targets are hit for the operators and that skills are being utilized were appropriately.
- Pre-Planning & organizing
– Planning the production runs for the day and communicating these with the line leaders. Dealing with daily orders and setting up operational procedures, including stock control of relevant materials.
- Yield Information and Packaging Control – Providing accurate yield information on pack out and grade out. Providing production information to inform KPI reporting.
- Measuring waste
- Communication - Work closely with the line leaders to build a strong Packhouse team. Creating the correct work environment to allow workers to flourish and give them opportunities to progress.
- Ensure that good communication is achieved and that any potential problems are reported to Packhouse Manager.
- Production – The main priority is to ensure the fruit being dispatched from the Packhouse meets the customers specification, orders must be fulfilled in a timely manner within the timescale perimeters set by the customer, costs are managed in an efficient way.
- Despatching Product – Orders must be fulfilled in a timely manner within the timescale perimeters set by the customer and haulage provider.
- Record Keeping - All records to be kept up to date. Traceability of orders and operations achieved. To adhere to all customer standards and audits.
- Managing the Team – Great communication skills are required to manage a successful team. This will be monitored by maintaining or decreasing staff turnover.
- Operational & Commercial Focus – Practical and decisive. Understands how an effective and efficiently run packhouse operation can contribute to stronger business.
- Practical thinker - Plans and organizes in a practical manor to ensure successful outcomes in terms of adherence to quality, cost and timeframe parameters.
- People Management – A strong communicator both within and outside the packhouse team. Able to develop productive working relationships with colleagues in other parts of the business. Be able to help drive a good food safety culture while working with a multilingual team.
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern moving to 4 days a week during the winter
- Shop discounts after 4 months of employment
- £31,000/year salary
Apply today and one of our recruitment experts will be in touch.