Due to significant growth, a number of permanent opportunities are available for Processing Operatives to work within Scotland’s booming food industry and our Client’s modern facility based on the beautiful island of Lewis in Stornoway.
With sustainability at the core of all activities, our Client is the leading producer of quality Scottish farmed salmon operating across the West Coast of Scotland and Hebrides. Internationally recognised as being a pioneer in Aquaculture, the business employs over 650 staff (and this is continually growing!) while selling products in to over 26 countries around the world.
These initially will be temporary assignments starting around mind to late August, the client will consider permanent contracts over the course of the placement.
Our ideal candidate:
- Ambitious and motivated individuals to join the passionate team!
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing or processing environment is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Ability to work flexibly within a deadline driven environment is essential
- A fantastic work ethic and ability to work within a physical role within a lightly chilled environment.
As a Processing Operative you will work as part of a fast-paced team to process salmon with tasks including:
- Gutting, washing, scraping, grading, weighing and packing products
- Weighing, programming, packing and labelling products
- Production support ie. loading/unloading
- Pin boning
- Performing efficiently and at the required pace to produce consistently good quality products
If this sounds like you, apply today and as a Processing Operative you will benefit from:
- A starting salary of £10.76 will be offered for this role based on guaranteed 35 hours per week overtime after 40 hours at x 1.5 and Sundays at x 2
- Hourly rate rising to £11.30 following a successful probation period
- Full time hours between Monday to Friday, covering variable start times depending on department, however typically falling between 7am to 2pm plus opportunity for overtime which can include weekends’
- Enhanced annual leave (31 days per year)
- A market leading pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, retail discount scheme, employee assistance program, critical illness cover and more
- Family and friends referral scheme
- Supportive training and an opportunity to work within a company that offer professional development opportunities to its workforce