Be Personnel are delighted to announce a brand new vacancy for an Assistant Technical Manager has become available at our client's site in Perth. Our client considers themselves a food business, encompassing farming, slaughtering and prepping predominantly beef and lamb for general sale. Working directly with the Technical Manager, the successful applicant will be joining the team to assist the running of the department onsite, and providing support in maintaining food safety management, quality systems and cleaning/hygiene requirements at all times.
- Support the technical requirements on a day to day basis ensuring that all technical standards, customer codes of practice and food legislation are consistently adhered to allowing all products to be positively released.
- Ensure that HACCP is maintained within the factory and reflects best practice at all times.
- Ensure hygiene practices across site are adequate to ensure safety standards
- To support production to actively maintain technical standards and assisting in tackling issues that may compromise technical integrity.
- Ensure that all customer requirements are consistently met in a timely manner.
- Maintain departmental information and documentation – and ensure it is available for evaluation.
- Keep abreast of scientific and technical development.
- Monitor effective cleaning of plant equipment and fabric.
- Monitor all issues including the identification of trends and advise on corrective action.
- Prepare trend analysis of quality issues e.g. customer complaints, TVC counts temperatures etc, monitor review and communicate where necessary.
- Audits – assist in ensuring external and internal audits meet with company expectations.
- Document control – ensure that forms, documents and processes etc are maintained and updated as necessary
- Handling of customer complaints – investigate root cause of external (and internal) non-conformances
- Ensure customer visits are carried out in the most professional manner
- Support QC’s in production – oversee completion of day to day QA roles
- Undertake internal audits and ensure welfare adherence
- Assist in quality culture on site to increase employee awareness to factors that may compromise food safety through guidance and training.
- Maintain, control and conduct maintenance of the food safety program as required.
- Background in Technical or Food Safety and/or have sufficient knowledge of the industry which they can apply to the role in Technical.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate in an effective manner at all levels.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
- Solution driven approach
- Always seeking to improve quality and service for internal and external shareholders
- Trained to a minimum L3 in HACCP and Food Hygiene
- Auditor training desirable
- Comfortable with MS packages
- Knowledge of basic microbiology
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competative Salary
- Free Parking
- Loyalty and Recognition Scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate so apply today, and our industry trained recruitment team will be in touch.