Due to significant growth within the company, our client, an independent and fully integrated salmon farming business operating wholly within Scotland, has an opportunity for a Harvest Manager to join their team in Ardyne.
The Harvest Manager will be required to effectively and efficiently manage the department and take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Harvest Operation, Harvest Processes and staff within control. Ensuring all jobs are carried out in a timely, safe and responsible manner and to the highest Fish Welfare, Biosecurity, Environmental, Hygiene, Quality, Food Safety and Health & Safety standards ensuring best practice as well as customer satisfaction are reached.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Taking full accountability of the harvest operation, harvesting fish at any company harvest station as and when required and ensuring adherence to all standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that the team is resourced by the right quality of people who reflect the company values and the needs of the business.
- Ownership of all people processes including training, development, holidays and absence.
- Coaching all staff to ensure company policies and standards are understood and adhered to.
- Achieving the highest fish welfare, biosecurity, hygiene, quality and food safety standards.
- Maintaining all site equipment, machinery and resources, and report on as required.
- Encourage support from other functions as and when required.
- Developing appropriate KPI’s in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Measure, monitor and review harvesting operations.
- Reporting on agreed KPI’s to the General Manager, highlighting and explaining variances.
- Informing the General Manager of any defect, damage, accident, incident or product issue and liaise on all fish related matters.
- Seeks out and encourages the implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Providing input into and controls total site expenditure to meet or better budget.
The Harvest Manager will:
- Have a broad knowledge of the harvesting process within a food production environment
- Be able to demonstrate strong staff leadership and management skills within a similar role
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Have a high level of organisation and communication skills
- Have experience working to Health & Safety standards and championing a broad understanding of best practice
- Have experience working in target driven environment
Due to the remote location of the site, own transport is essential where candidates must hold a full, clean driving licence.
The Harvest Manager will work on a full-time permanent basis and receive a salary negotiable on experience. In return, the client will also offer additional company benefits which can be discussed upon an appointment being made.