Our Client, a successful manufacturing business based in Ross-Shire, has an exciting opportunity available for a Research & Development Technologist to join their Technical team on a temporary to permanent basis.
The Research & Development Technologist will be required to be a frontrunner in research and development and be involved in the quality business of improvements to current and new formulas.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To control, operate and co-ordinate the research and development function. This is a broad function to be at the heart of new developments for business working in partnership with offices out with the UK
- To follow procedure in the development of products but to have a creative spark to challenge current technology and invent new products for the sales team to advance business sales
- To work on multiple projects at the same time
- To gain an understanding of the industry and products to work closely with raw material suppliers to gain new insight into potential product development
- To review weekly and at intermittent stages the status of all projects and update and report to the Technical Manager
- To ensure the lab workbook with all formulas are created as per procedures
- To log test results into the computer system
- To assist with customer audits and ensure that all requested documentation is available and up to date
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by the company
The Research & Development Technologist will:
- Have excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Have good organisational skills
- Be computer commitment working on Work and Excel
- Have ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels of the business and clients
- Have a science qualification and/or laboratory experience
The successful Research & Development Technologist will initially work on a temporary agency contract for 6 months, however for the right candidate who works well within the role, the position will have the opportunity to become permanent.
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday 08:30am - 5pm and receive a competitive pay rate.